|A sample of what I hopefully will be doing more of. Though hardly a representation of everything I do, so check out the gallery, won't you?|
|These are the favorites that satisfy my addiction for great and balanced design. That, and some things I just find funny or interesting.|
Boldly Facing The Future
Artist Credit DanielaUhlig
Many of you have been in this community for a long time, but whether you’ve just joined or you’ve been a member since day one, this is your first impression of the new DeviantArt.
Change is not something that we take lightly, because it affects our collective identity. It was important for us to define who we are and what we’re made of at our core before we changed anything. We all have our own understanding of what that means, but the process of getting that core story down on paper took almost a year.
The result is “Bleed and Breed Art.” This is our center of gravity and our reason for getting out of bed i
I am a traditional artist specializing in line art in a previous life while in this life I specialize in logowork, graphics for media kits, interface graphics and the occasional comic book style pinup.|
My equipment is (from beginning to end):
• A Pentel 0.5mm mechanical pencil with a pencil end eraser
• A hardcover drawing book (sometimes loose leaf paper for loose sketches or smooth Bristol board for finished work)
• A tabloid sized flatbed Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB scanner hanging on by a thin futureproofing thread with the installation of a command line utility XSANE
• MacBook Pro 13 e2011
• A salvaged 19" Acer AL1914 monitor as a 2nd monitor which works flawlessly
• Adobe CS6
• Wacom Graphire3 Pearl digitizer
• Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000
• Kindle Fire G1 rooted and flashed with Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 playing Google Music playlists.
Equipment I wish I had are:
• A Cintiq
• A ModBook Pro (possibly created from my current MacBook Pro
• A drawing table
• Lots of low cost LED natural lighting in here
My favorite subject is computer graphics from way back. I started by creating icons and wallpaper, completely ignoring my traditional drawing skills in the process (*sob*). I also dabble in concept interfaces and website design as well as 3D art.
My inspirations are:
• Arlo Rose of Kaleidoscope and Apple fame.
• UDON Entertainment and various comic artists here and there.
Ryan (ThePenciler) Martinez