|A sample of what I hopefully will be doing more of. Though hardly a representation of everything I do, so check out the gallery, won't you?|
How To Be NormalHow To Be Normal by xStage
HOW TO SUCCEED AT BEING A NORMAL TEENAGER:
(In 15 easy steps!)
1. The first step in becoming a normal, bland, and spineless individual is very simple. Never think. About anything. Ever. If you have a thought, let it go. Let someone else think for you. Thinking is hard. Let someone else do it. Save your little conformist brain cells for something less difficult.
2. Now let's talk about music. You like unique music? Not anymore! You get to listen to the same generic, repetitive sound that everyone else does. You know, that one beat over and over with the words "Yeah", "baby" and "ooh" being repeated. Lucky you!
3. To be normal, you've gotta dress normal. If you're a girl, that means you wear leggings as pants and cut up your t-shirts so they just barely cover your chest. Uggs are a must, for any time of the year, including midsummer. If you're a guy, you wear the hem of your pants on the back of your knees. Overly violent band t-shirts for bands that you only know one song for is highly
|These are the favorites that satisfy my addiction for great and balanced design. That, and some things I just find funny or interesting.|
I am a traditional artist specializing in line art in a previous life while in this life I specialize in logowork, graphics for media kits, interface graphics and the occasional comic book style pinup.|
My equipment is (from beginning to end):
• A Pentel 0.5mm mechanical pencil with a pencil end eraser
• A hardcover drawing book (sometimes loose leaf paper for loose sketches or smooth Bristol board for finished work)
• A tabloid sized flatbed Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB scanner hanging on by a thin futureproofing thread with the installation of a command line utility XSANE
• MacBook Pro 13 e2011
• A salvaged 19" Acer AL1914 monitor as a 2nd monitor which works flawlessly
• Adobe CS6
• Wacom Graphire3 Pearl digitizer
• Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000
• Kindle Fire G1 rooted and flashed with Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 playing Google Music playlists.
Equipment I wish I had are:
• A Cintiq
• A ModBook Pro (possibly created from my current MacBook Pro
• A drawing table
• Lots of low cost LED natural lighting in here
My favorite subject is computer graphics from way back. I started by creating icons and wallpaper, completely ignoring my traditional drawing skills in the process (*sob*). I also dabble in concept interfaces and website design as well as 3D art.
My inspirations are:
• Arlo Rose of Kaleidoscope and Apple fame.
• UDON Entertainment and various comic artists here and there.
Ryan (ThePenciler) Martinez